Sunday, November 4, 2018

Doanted Blood

I have wanted to donate blood for quite sometime now. 
But I finally got around to being able to go and make that choice and do just that.
Lives can get busy and you say you will do something but than you forget.
My Husband and I had been out and about doing other things and I said about donating blood and we were wondering if you could just walk in or what you had to do.
Well we took our chances and walked in not being prepared at all.
We had not eaten that great that morning.
We had to fill out a questionnaire on an Ipad.
They take your blood pressure and hemoglobin and temperature before hand.
They gave me some snacks to eat and a juice box before hand as I had told them that I did not eat the greatest.
They said that if I do it again to make sure I eat enough and drink plenty of water the day before and the day of. 
I think that they would prefer if you booked an appointment before hand but like I said we were out and about and thought about it when we were in the area.
I still felt that I was trying to do a good thing to help somebody.
When you finish giving blood you go sit down about 10 to 15 minutes and you can snack while waiting.


Have you ever donated blood and or thought about it?

If you would like to help


0 comments:

Post a Comment